Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2014 MLB Season

Wed May 21, 2014 10:12 pm by hogtradition22

Welcome to our league!  

I am going to keep this simple and short.  We expect everyone to play the game of baseball and do it without complaining.  If you get frustrated at someone take a break and get over it, and come back ready to play.  

As of right now we are going to let the game govern …

Comments: 4

League Advance Schedule

Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:45 pm by hogtradition22

We are going to test out the following advance schedule for the first two week of league.

You MUST complete between 10 and 20 games by July 26th @ 9 PM CST. At that time, those of you who do not have 10 games in will receive forced losses or be replaced if you have been found to of made no …

Comments: 2

Complaining and all the other BS.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:56 pm by hogtradition22

From this point forward if you feel the need to complain or argue about anything do not do it in the forums, forums chat or on groupme. If you have a problem with someone or something, send me a PM and I will handle it the best way I see fit. If you broadcast it in the forums go ahead and remove …

Comments: 5

Gamplay Issues

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 pm by hogtradition22

I have noticed that a lot of pitchers are not coming set when they are in the stretch position. We do have balks turned on but they do not work correctly. At this time I am not sure if pitchers not coming set is a connection issue or a human issue.

That being said please come set and wait at …

Comments: 5

MLB Trade Rumors

League Rules

+24
chicone24
Jerr1co
TM-Money11
Tjmoney7777
thepuckchucker
gudinorox
dbosho82
Bearded1nfidel
legsbrah17
CtoTheLos
dmflcatch
jefferyhammond
MFarrer74
SammyG420
Tdot-Shotta-
Bills_Mafia_32
DubbyDubbs
KUNTRY
Fabby27
rondoman
thewarrior_12
ramjr0116
MrRedSox
hogtradition22
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

League Rules Empty League Rules

Post by hogtradition22 Mon May 13, 2013 3:47 pm

BECOMEtheBEST League Rules & Guidelines

FORMAT

30 Real Teams:162 Games: Real 2013 MLB Schedule
Post Season: 10 teams
Difficulty: Custom All-Star

Trades/Trade Deadline: TBD
 Flex Schedule: On
Game Play: Simulation (Try to mimic real baseball)

RULES

1. SPORTSMANSHIP: All owners must adhere to a strict sportsmanship policy and that means that there will be NO tolerance for arguing, name calling, excessive complaining, quitting, garbage play or failure to respect your fellow owners and admins in this league. If found in violation of this rule at any point you may be removed from the league without warning at the admins discretion.

5. PITCHING ROTATION: Each owner must post their 5 man rotation and closer in the designated area of the forums prior to the start of the season. At the end of each month, you will have the opportunity to change your rotation. Note:  You MUST select the pitcher that is at the top of the pitcher selection screen before you start each game. No exception.  We will not allow people to pick and choose what pitcher they pitch against who.  YOU MUST FOLLOW YOUR ROTATION.  

6. ON THE FIELD: This is a sim-style league and all games should be played as such. “Ranked-match” or “garbage” play will not be tolerated. Play how you want to be played and above all play baseball how it is supposed to be played.

(A) PITCHING: This a balls & strikes league. Each owner is free to pitch their own game, but please keep it sim!
(1) No Quick Pitching: You must allow the batter at least 3-4 seconds in between pitches.
(2) YOUR STARTING PITCHER IS IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM ALLOWED TO REMAIN IN THE GAME ONCE HE GIVES UP 6 RUNS! You may leave him in to finish the inning if you desire, but he has to be replaced in the next inning.
(2a) A pitcher may only pitch a complete game if he has a No Hitter, Perfect Game, or has given up 2 runs or less and your team is winning!

(B) BATTING: Any batting modes you want to use will be allowed. But remember, if using analog of any type Do not “preload” or pull back on the stick early, it is considered “cheese” in this league. You should be using the pull back as your step timing and should be done at the pitchers release point.  

Learn to work the count! Plate discipline will be a key factor in determining your success or failure in this league. If you like to power up on every swing, swing away, but don't complain when your opponent pitches you accordingly.

(C) BUNTING: Because bunting can be taken advantage of we will use the following rules to govern bunt situations.
(1) You are only allowed 2 successful bunts for base hits for the entire game. If you bunt and reach safely due to an error, it does not count toward this total.
(2) You may not bunt with 2 strikes unless it is a sacrifice situation. Sacrifice means runner on 1st or 2nd with less than 2 outs.
(3) You may not take extra bases on any bunt attempt unless a fielding or throwing error has occurred on the play. If your opponent throws the ball to the wrong bag in haste, this will be deemed a throwing error.
(4) You get 1 squeeze play per game unless game goes to extra innings, then you may squeeze at your discretion, but all other bunt rules apply.

(D) BASE RUNNING: It is each owner's responsibility to run the paths how they see fit, but keep in mind that over-aggressive base running will be frowned upon and could earn you a reputation of a garbage player.
(1) STEALING:
(1a) Do NOT be a tool and try to steal with every batter who makes it on base. Steal in appropriate situations.
(1b) If you attempt a single steal or hit and run and you advance past the half-way point from the base you left to the base you are headed you are considered committed and may not retreat back.
(2b) If you attempt a double steal or hit and run you may not retreat any base runner or attempt to get caught in a run-down to exploit the throwing animations.

(E) FIELDING: It is each owner's responsibility to field any ball in play until the play is over. If you hold on to the ball in the outfield, don't complain when your opponent takes a base while you're day-dreaming. A ball in play that is fielded and thrown to the wrong bag will be considered a human error.

7. MANAGING: It is each owner's responsibility to manage his team on the field as they see fit. Def. sub's, pinch hitters, pinch runners or relief pitchers will be entirely at the discretion of the owner, but must adhere to the following guidelines.

(A) PITCHING & BULLPEN:
(1) At no time can you sub in a relief pitcher in the middle of an at bat. You may only sub in pitcher to face a new batter. So even if you only throw one pitch to a batter you must finish the at bat. If you forget this rule and make an illegal sub, you must walk the batter and face the next batter.
(2) Starting pitchers may not pitch more than 9 complete innings.
(3) Relief pitchers can be used in any role other than starters during a game.
(3a) Designated closers are not allowed to pitch more than 2 complete innings or 6 outs.
(3b) Middle relief pitchers or set-up pitchers are not allowed to pitch more than 3 complete innings or 9 outs.
(3c) Long relief pitchers are not allowed to pitch more than 6 complete innings or 18 outs.

*If the game goes to extra innings all of the above does not apply except for closers. Even in extra innings, closers are not permitted to work extended innings.

(B) DEFENSIVE POSITION PLAYERS:
(1) Position players are permitted to play any position that they have listed on their profile.

8. INCOMPLETE GAMES: It is the internet, it does happen.
Any game where a screen shot of the final result is not captured and posted is deemed incomplete and must be replayed unless both managers can agree that one or the other was going to win. If this happens it must be reported to me in a PM, so if we begin to notice a pattern and feel you are disconnecting on purpose we will just ban you from the league.

9. COMMUNICATION: COMMUNICATION is the key to this league. What I mean by that if a league member sends you a message/challenge trying to get a league game in with you, you must respond to whether you can play at that time or not. Ignoring league messages will not be tolerated. If we keep hearing complaints about the same players not responding to messages we will replace that owner right away, no questions asked. We cannot allow a members to be inactive and ruin this league for everyone else. Use the forums, private messaging or PSN, that's what they are there for!

10. DISCLAIMER: All rules are subject to change at the admins discretion for the betterment of the league. If a rule change is to be made there will be a formal notification to the league prior to the change being implemented. If you find anyone not following the rules you should bring it up to the admins via private chat or message and they will take appropriate action.

Rules updates 5/3/13

Post "I AGREE" After read all rules and Settings in this forum.

Last edited by hogtradition22 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
hogtradition22
hogtradition22
BOSS HOG
BOSS HOG

http://www.btbsim.com

Back to top Go down

League Rules Empty Re: League Rules

Post by MrRedSox Thu May 23, 2013 12:28 am

I agree.
MrRedSox
MrRedSox
Pro