Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2014 MLB Season

Wed May 21, 2014 10:12 pm by hogtradition22

Welcome to our league!  

I am going to keep this simple and short.  We expect everyone to play the game of baseball and do it without complaining.  If you get frustrated at someone take a break and get over it, and come back ready to play.  

As of right now we are going to let the game govern …

Comments: 4

League Advance Schedule

Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:45 pm by hogtradition22

We are going to test out the following advance schedule for the first two week of league.

You MUST complete between 10 and 20 games by July 26th @ 9 PM CST. At that time, those of you who do not have 10 games in will receive forced losses or be replaced if you have been found to of made no …

Comments: 2

Complaining and all the other BS.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:56 pm by hogtradition22

From this point forward if you feel the need to complain or argue about anything do not do it in the forums, forums chat or on groupme. If you have a problem with someone or something, send me a PM and I will handle it the best way I see fit. If you broadcast it in the forums go ahead and remove …

Comments: 5

Gamplay Issues

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 pm by hogtradition22

I have noticed that a lot of pitchers are not coming set when they are in the stretch position. We do have balks turned on but they do not work correctly. At this time I am not sure if pitchers not coming set is a connection issue or a human issue.

That being said please come set and wait at …

Comments: 5

MLB Trade Rumors

2012 Week 16: Jamaal Charles Breaks Single Season Rushing Record

Go down

2012 Week 16: Jamaal Charles Breaks Single Season Rushing Record Empty 2012 Week 16: Jamaal Charles Breaks Single Season Rushing Record

2012 Week 16: Jamaal Charles Breaks Single Season Rushing Record Jamaal10

Jamaal Charles has now done what many thought could never happen in the new NFL. In a league that has become so focused on the vertical passing game, Charles has shown that a strong running game can still lead a team to victories. This week against the Indianapolis Colts, Charles carried the ball 14 times for 166 yards, bringing his season total to 2122 rushing yards, and breaking Eric Dickerson's 1984 single-season record of 2105 yards.

For thirty years there have been strong contenders to break this record. Jamal Lewis, Barry Sanders, Terrell Davis, and Chris Johnson all broke 2000 yards, but none could reach the 2100 mark. Some may be surprised to see the diminutive Charles top this list, but those who have watched closely will see that it was destiny.

Jamal Charles entered the season coming off of a knee injury he suffered September 18th, 2011. Prior to that, he had the highest yards per carry of any running back ever to play. All he needed was the carries to prove it wasn't a fluke.

This season, running behind one of the league's strongest offensive lines, and with the guidance of head coach Andy West, Charles was given the chance to shine. This season (with one game remaining) he has carried the ball 284 times for 2122 yards and 19 touchdowns. In comparison, Dickerson needed 379 carries (almost 100 more!) to reach his mark. JC's career average of 6.6 yards per carry is the highest of all time, higher than Jim Brown, Emmitt Smith and even the great Barry Sanders.

Despite his great success, Charles remains humble and focused on his team's goals. "I'm not even looking at that stuff right now. I'm focused on the Broncos and helping my team get to the playoffs."
w4mvp
w4mvp
Pro

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit